jueves, 16 de octubre de 2008

Phoning your contacts



Making a call

A few common expressions are enough for most telephone conversations. Practise these telephone expressions by completing the following dialogue using the words listend below.

Switchboard Conglomerate Group; Can I help you?
You Could I speak to Mr Pardee, please?
Switchboard Putting to trough.
Secretary Hello, Mr Pardee's office. Can I help you?
You Hello, can you hear me? It´s a bad line. Could you speak up, please?
Secretary IS THAT BETTER? Who`s speaking, please?
You Lilia of Wal Mart
Secretary Oh, hello. How nice to hear from you again. We haven´t seen you for
ages. How are you?
You Fine, thanks. Coul you put me through to Mr Perdee, please?
Secretary Hold the line a moment. I'll see if he´s in. I´m so sorry. I´m afraid he´s not in
the office at the moment. Coul you give me your number, and I´ll ask him to
call to back?
You I´m on 3478621. That´s London.
Secretary Would you like to leave any message for him?
You No, thanks. Just tell him I rang.
Secretary Certainly. Nice to hear from you again.
You I´ll ex`pect him to call me this afternoon, then. Thanks.
Secretary You´re welcome. Goodbye.

on speak to messege bad put through number call back ring secretary through office speak speaking can hello rang hold moment through

No hay comentarios: